Microporous properties allow Woodskin to breathe with your wood; tiny holes let the paint film expand and contract but are small enough to repel water – the cause of mould and mildew.
Woodskin is very easy to apply; no need to thin or sand between coats. With good flow and levelling, Woodskin dries to a subtle, translucent sheen. Woodskin penetrates deep into your wood, leaving a thin surface film that will not crack or flake. Minimal maintenance requirements – simply clean and reapply season after season – the Natural Teak colour of Woodskin will showcase the beauty of any wood. Woodskin is suitable for use on all types of wood, including oily woods such as teak and iroko.
- WOOD PREVIOUSLY COATED WITH WOODSKIN OR SIKKENS CETOL MARINE Clean thoroughly with mild detergent. Roughen the surface with a sanding pad, clean thoroughly with fresh water and allow to dry.
- PREVIOUSLY VARNISHED WOOD Remove all previous coatings. Follow directions for bare wood.
- BARE WOOD/PLYWOOD Woodskin has been developed for application direct to bare wood, without the need for special preparation. Sanding is not required prior to applying Woodskin. However, if preferred for aesthetic purposes, bare wood can be sanded smooth with 80-180 grade paper and then 280 grade paper. Remove sanding dust by brushing, dusting and wiping. If wiping with solvent then allow to dry completely before applying the first coat. If applying to oily woods ensure the surface is adequately prepared and degreased. Thinner No.1 is recommended.
Application (Brush) Woodskin can be applied direct to bare wood or over-coated on to itself.
- Pour the amount you expect to use in a separate container.
- Apply a minimum of 3 coats using a brush; a long haired bristle brush is recommended for this purpose.
- Sanding between coats is not required.
- Allow 24 hours drying time in between coats.
- Thinning is not recommended.
Mixing Stir thoroughly before use.
Thinner Do not thin. Thinning Not recommended. Airless Spray Not recommended. Conventional Spray Not recommended. Brush Recommended. Roller Not recommended.
Cleaner Thinner No.1.
Some Important Points
- Never leave bare wood exposed for long periods of time as it will absorb moisture.
- Avoid using Woodskin straight from the can as this will cause it to age prematurely and may introduce contamination to the can.
- Failure to follow proper dry times carefully will cause improper drying, wrinkling and loss of adhesion.
- Avoid painting in direct sunlight.
- Use above the waterline only.
Compatibility/Substrates Suitable for use on all types of wood including oily timbers such as Teak.
Number of Coats 3 minimum
Coverage (Theoretical) - 10 m²/lt (Practical) - Dependent on surface
Application Methods Brush
- Delivery info
Where products are in stock you should expect delivery within 3 working days. For next day delivery the cut-off time is 2pm. Orders received after 2pm will be despatched the following day for delivery the day after.
Delivery for Chart Art is 10 working days.
Returns during the Christmas period. We will accept the return of any product (excluding custom made products such as rope, rigging, sails or canvas work, or audio or video recordings or computer software which has been unsealed by you) up to January 31 2015. Please download our returns form (PDF).
If goods are not in stock and delivery is going to be longer than 30 days Storrar Marine Ltd will contact you to discuss options. Storrar Marine Ltd will not be liable for any loss or damage suffered by you through any reasonable or unavoidable delay in delivery.
We charge strictly at cost for delivery, however for orders over £100, delivery is free to UK addresses.* Free delivery will be applied to the cart at the checkout payment stage (if applicable).
If delivery is to the UK mainland, excluding the Scottish Highlands, charges are
>1 <2 £6.99
>2 <10 £7.99
>10 <20 £9.99
>20 <30 £15.99
>30 <40 £39.99
Oversize items £59.99
*Free UK delivery is restricted to England, Wales and Lowland Scotland. It does not include Northern Scotland, or Islands or Northern Ireland. Restricted to maximum 30kg and 1.5m in length, it does not apply to bulky products; dinghies, outboards, or hazardous products; liferafts, or pyrotechnics (Flares). Free delivery is for a single complete shipment of an order.
Extra charges apply for next day deliveries and Saturday deliveries, and deliveries to Highlands, Islands and Northern Ireland. If you are fortunate enough to be in the Channel Islands, please use Jersey or Guernsey as the country to get the ex-VAT figures.
Small, but valuable items such as Electronic Charts are charged at the £6.99 rate as we usually send by courier so they can be tracked. Rolled up Admiralty charts are £4.99, but Admiralty folios are packed flat and too large to go by post and are £6.99.
Delivery charges may be changed without notice. Any overcharge of delivery cost will be refunded.
We cannot predict the cost to ship hazardous materials outside of UK. If your purchase includes a gas inflating lifejacket we can send it overseas only by first removing the gas bottle. You will have to find a local source to replace this bottle for the lifejacket to function. We cannot send re-arm kits overseas.
We cannot send other hazardous goods including liferafts, paint and antifouling overseas without first getting a special delivery quotation. After all these hurdles we put up, please do not be alarmed - if you need a liferaft delivered to the Baltic, the Mediterranean, the Caribbean, simply contact us for a quote. You can be confident our delivered price will still be better than local sourcing.
For delivery outside the EC, you must observe and comply with all applicable regulations and legislation, including obtaining all necessary customs, import or other permits to purchase goods from our site. You will be responsible for payment of any import duties and taxes. The importation or exportation of certain types of goods to you may be prohibited by certain national laws. Storrar Marine Ltd make no representation and accept no liability in respect of the export or import of the goods you purchase.
The majority of our deliveries need to be signed for, therefore we would recommend using a delivery address where somebody will be around to do this during normal working hours. ie your office or place of work.
Write Your Own Review