Speedystitcher is an essential tool to have onboard, around the stable, house or any place where heavy materials need to be sewn.
Speedy stitcher is basically a hand sewing machine. It is suitable for most fabrics and leather. Repair sails, covers, deck shoes. The kit is supplied with a bobbin of waxed thread, one straight needle and one bent needle.
1. Starting from the backside, push the needle through the material of your project. On the front-side, fully draw out the thread, long enough to do the entire project - remember to add an extra 3" of the thread.
2. While keeping your thumb firmly over the thread on the handle of the awl, hold the thread and pull the needle back out of the hole. Then start it through the second hole.
3. Push the needle through the second hole as far as it will go. Then pull back slightly on the awl just until a loop is formed.
4. Pass all of the thread through this loop.
5. Hold the thread end taut. Pull the needle out of the hole, forming a lock-stitch. Pull taut, the lock-stitch knot should be buried in the middle of the fabric layers.
6. Release more thread between the needle and material to allow for the next stitch. Continue this process until your project is finished.
7. After the last hole on the backside of your project, grasp the loop and pull the thread out of the hole.
8. Cut the thread, leaving two 3" lengths to tie off.
9. Tie the ends in the knot on the backside. Trim the excess thread.
10. To safely store the Speedy Stitcher sewing awl, remove the needle from the threaded post and place it back in the appropriate slot. Screw the chuck lock back in place. Presto!
You can download our step-by-step guide including helpful tips and tricks for using the Speedy Stitcher.
- Delivery info
Where products are in stock you should expect delivery within 3 working days. For next day delivery the cut-off time is 2pm. Orders received after 2pm will be despatched the following day for delivery the day after.
Delivery for Chart Art is 10 working days.
Returns during the Christmas period. We will accept the return of any product (excluding custom made products such as rope, rigging, sails or canvas work, or audio or video recordings or computer software which has been unsealed by you) up to January 31 2015. Please download our returns form (PDF).
If goods are not in stock and delivery is going to be longer than 30 days Storrar Marine Ltd will contact you to discuss options. Storrar Marine Ltd will not be liable for any loss or damage suffered by you through any reasonable or unavoidable delay in delivery.
We charge strictly at cost for delivery, however for orders over £100, delivery is free to UK addresses.* Free delivery will be applied to the cart at the checkout payment stage (if applicable).
If delivery is to the UK mainland, excluding the Scottish Highlands, charges are
>1 <2 £6.99
>2 <10 £7.99
>10 <20 £9.99
>20 <30 £15.99
>30 <40 £39.99
Oversize items £59.99
*Free UK delivery is restricted to England, Wales and Lowland Scotland. It does not include Northern Scotland, or Islands or Northern Ireland. Restricted to maximum 30kg and 1.5m in length, it does not apply to bulky products; dinghies, outboards, or hazardous products; liferafts, or pyrotechnics (Flares). Free delivery is for a single complete shipment of an order.
Extra charges apply for next day deliveries and Saturday deliveries, and deliveries to Highlands, Islands and Northern Ireland. If you are fortunate enough to be in the Channel Islands, please use Jersey or Guernsey as the country to get the ex-VAT figures.
Small, but valuable items such as Electronic Charts are charged at the £6.99 rate as we usually send by courier so they can be tracked. Rolled up Admiralty charts are £4.99, but Admiralty folios are packed flat and too large to go by post and are £6.99.
Delivery charges may be changed without notice. Any overcharge of delivery cost will be refunded.
We cannot predict the cost to ship hazardous materials outside of UK. If your purchase includes a gas inflating lifejacket we can send it overseas only by first removing the gas bottle. You will have to find a local source to replace this bottle for the lifejacket to function. We cannot send re-arm kits overseas.
We cannot send other hazardous goods including liferafts, paint and antifouling overseas without first getting a special delivery quotation. After all these hurdles we put up, please do not be alarmed - if you need a liferaft delivered to the Baltic, the Mediterranean, the Caribbean, simply contact us for a quote. You can be confident our delivered price will still be better than local sourcing.
For delivery outside the EC, you must observe and comply with all applicable regulations and legislation, including obtaining all necessary customs, import or other permits to purchase goods from our site. You will be responsible for payment of any import duties and taxes. The importation or exportation of certain types of goods to you may be prohibited by certain national laws. Storrar Marine Ltd make no representation and accept no liability in respect of the export or import of the goods you purchase.
The majority of our deliveries need to be signed for, therefore we would recommend using a delivery address where somebody will be around to do this during normal working hours. ie your office or place of work.
- Related products
Customer Reviews 1 item(s)
- Have had this awl for some years and have repaired from sails to canvas chairs, even made winch covers, bags and a wheel cover. Brilliant.
Write Your Own Review